ezSEO News Forum  

Go Back   ezSEO News Forum > Web Content Studio > General WCS discussion

Old 01-13-2010, 05:08 AM
WCS User

Default saving/renaming projects

Are projects saved automatically? I did some keyword research, exited the program and when I reopened it, all the info was gone.

Also is there a way to rename projects in the article manager?

Finally (I hope), is there a way to clear keyword results? I just created a new project and went into the keyword spider tab only to find the words and phrases from the last projects still there. There seemed to be no way to clear them except exiting and restarting the software.

TIA

Last edited by jeffreymor; 01-13-2010 at 05:25 AM.
Old 01-13-2010, 06:45 AM
Dr. Andy Williams

Keyword data is only saved when you add it to an article. It is not saved on the keywords tab. The only reason you can access the spider without opening an article is I know people will want to use the External reports. Maybe I need to be a little clearer on this in the manual.

You should not need to clear results in the spider. Just re-run the spider and results are over-written with the new ones.
Old 01-13-2010, 07:31 AM
WCS User

[QUOTE=admin;1620]Keyword data is only saved when you add it to an article. It is not saved on the keywords tab. The only reason you can access the spider without opening an article is I know people will want to use the External reports. Maybe I need to be a little clearer on this in the manual.

Actually the keywords I was referring to were added to an article. I created a project, added an article and then did the keyword search and imported words and phrases into the tab. The next time I reopened the article the keyword data was gone.

I assume renaming projects in not possible?

TIA
Old 01-13-2010, 01:05 PM
Dr. Andy Williams

Sorry, forgot to answer the renaming bit. I will add it to the next update.

Articles should be saved but been to check after you mentioned it and there were a couple of loopholes that I have closed. Now when you add keywords to an article, if you don't manually save, WCS should ask you if you want to save before allowing you to exit. Let me know if you still have a problem after updating to 1.0.0.4.