Review Keyword Analyzer by Goran Nagy
Could Keyword Analyzer be the successor to Adwords Analyzer? If you want to make money from Adwords or Overture pay per click - PPC campaigns (you basically pay per placement), you need to have a way to quickly and easily check whether your chosen phrases will get you on the first page of the search engines. E.G. by ensuring that you can get your Adword phrases on page 1 of Google, you know you will only have to pay 5 cents a click. Until now, your chose was limited to Adwords Analyzer. Now, Goran Nagy, a talented programmer from Slovenia has come up with some competition. Keyword Analyzer is certainly going to give AA a run for its money.
What is PPC advertising?
PPC search engine marketing is becoming more popular since Google has changed its algorithm in November 2003 and again January 2004. Managing your keywords and PPC campaigns is a big job, and finding those keywords which can position you at the top of these engines is an art. However, despite the pitfalls, advertising in this manner can be very lucrative, after all you are guaranteed top placement in the search engines. If you don't currently promote your site through the PPC engines, now might be a great time to learn. This software cannot teach you how, but Google Cash can.
Keyword Analyzer Features
I have been testing this software since it was a beta version, and being an SEO myself, I have made a few modest suggestions to the feature list, which Goran has been quick to implement. So what can this software do? Well, let's have a look
Solve your Pay Per Click headaches
Keyword Analyzer does pretty much the same as Adwords Analyzer, but also has some other great features. If AA can do it, there is a good change Keyword Analyzer can too, plus a host of other innovative features which include:
- Deep digging of keywords which can results in thousands of targeted keywords. The way this software does this is as follows. It searches for keywords based on the phrase you initially supply. Noting new there. Next, it will go through each of these words, and search for new phrases based on each word in this list to create a mega list. It then goes through again each new word and finds more words relating to them. You define how many levels you want to dig. This technique can find you thousands of related keywords. Great feature!!!
- If you are interested in international languages, you can chose any of the multilingual Overture sites to retrieve your keywords from. This makes Keyword Analyzer a superb choice for users who are creating site targeting France, Germany, Japan, China etc. Another superb feature.
- Along the lines of the last point, Keyword Analyzer lets you look for Google campaigns on any of the local Google data centers (e.g. .co.uk, .ca, .ch etc.
- For any keyword, you can see the campaign links used by your competition, as well as the most popular campaign links (find affiliate programs with this feature?), the titles they use in their Adwords campaigns, as well as the most common words used in the adwords campaigns. All this data can really give you the edge when designing your campaigns.
- My favorite of all features is you can use exact searching. That means your competition is counted by searching for your phrase in quotes (you can toggle this to use inexact matching too).
Any downsides to Keyword Analyzer?
OK, to be totally non-biased, I should mention there are two things I don't like about this product. To be fair to Goran, neither are really his fault, just the fact that he does not speak English as a first language,
- Problem #1 is the manual is not great. It will take a bit of playing around to realize the full power and potential of this great product, However, it is fairly intuitive, and I would not let that stop you from buying this.
- Problem #2 is that the sales page Goran has written does not do this product justice. This is a powerful tool that no-one should be without if you are interested in PPC campaigns.
As of 7th September 2004, both of these downsides have been addressed making Keyword Analyzer even better value for money.
Read more about Keyword Analyzer
Bearing in mind these two limitations, I am going to award this software an ezSEO rating of:
Read more about Keyword Analyzer